Working closely with regional team provides clinical support, guidance, and training within assigned region. Within assigned communities supports Executive Director in building high customer and employee satisfaction. Responsible for evaluating clinical systems as well as implementing all Elmcroft standards, policy and procedures. Assists ED to identify a successful Resident Services Director candidate, develop orientation, transition and retention strategies for new RSD in assigned community.
Responsible to provide guidance and assistance to Executive Director to ensure clinical department is performing to regulatory and Elmcroft standards. Responsible for working closely with assigned Executive Directors to develop the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the clinical department. In coordination with Executive Director supervises clinical department staff and managers in assigned communities. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Elmcrofts policies and procedures and applicable laws.
- In the absence of a Resident Services Director supports Executive Director in managing day to day clinical operations in assigned community.
- In absence of RSD assists ED in the management of the clinical department ensuring the department is operating within the state regulatory guidelines and Elmcroft Standards established for the department.
- Keeps ED informed of pending clinical issues/concerns at the community.
- Interact with residents, staff, and visitors to promote customer satisfaction.
- Works closely with the assigned Sales Director to evaluate potential residents and be aware of upcoming move-ins and move-outs.
- Support ED to ensure all trainings, (orientation, initial training, and ongoing in-service education), meets the needs of clinical staff as well as state regulatory requirements in assigned communities.
- Works closely with ED to create positive employee relations through staff appreciation programs, recognition of excellent performance, and retention through regular performance feedback systems, in assigned communities. Supports ED in presenting clear expectations to RSD candidates, such as job descriptions, Standards, and orientation documents to improve new hires likelihood of staying.
- Supports the health and wellness of residents in assigned communities by monitoring care and service delivery, including medication management, to ensure needs are being met, and that documentation supports services provided.
- Manages labor in clinical department of assigned communities so that all labor dollars are within operating budget as tied to census and acuity. Utilizes staffing models to guide scheduling within the clinical department, daily/weekly time and attendance reports to monitor labor use and overtime, and bi-weekly labor reports to review hours used, in assigned communities.
- Manages budgets for clinical department to within given budget parameters utilizing spend-down sheets provided by ED, in assigned communities.
- Assure assessments are completed within Elmcroft standards and that the assessment given to the resident matches information provided to billing.
- Assists ED in providing conflict resolution among residents, staff and families to assure no problems go unaddressed.
- Participate in monthly Quality Assurance/Safety meetings to help analyze issues within the community, including reviewing incident reports, safety rounds, etc.
- Ensures that all weekly clinical reports are forwarded to the Regional Director of Quality Services and Regional Director of Operations in a timely manner.
- Works with the Regional team to assist in regional initiatives as determined by the SVP of Health and Wellness, Regional Director of Quality Services and Regional Director of Operations.
- Assist in the training of new Resident Services Directors to ensure understanding of Quality Assurance and Risk Management regulations outlined by state regulations and Elmcroft policies, procedures, standards and protocols.
- Assists ED, as needed, in developing Plans of Correction to be reviewed by the Resident Director of Quality Services, and Regional Director of Operations, in assigned communities.
- Is fully knowledgeable of the fire evacuation and disaster policy of the community and participates as assigned in fire, elopement and disaster drill protocol.
- Maintains appropriate level of confidentiality of all pertinent personal or health information concerning residents and staff.
- Demonstrates an understanding of compliance and ethics program policies and procedures.
- Completes all mandatory compliance, HIPAA and state and federal regulatory training as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned and which relate to the success of Elmcroft and the Care, Comfort, and Happiness of our residents.
- Must be based in CA or AZ, travel will be to San Diego and Los Angeles, CA; Phoenix and Tucson, AZ and Albuquerque, NM