This is a brand new 94 unit community. We are looking for an experienced Executive Director with lease up experience to run this community. We need an Executive Director who has experience selling, as well, as operational experience. This is a startup and will require experience in licensing, hiring, contracts, setup, etc. The Executive Director is responsible for the management of the Assisted Living, and Memory Care community. Ensures high quality resident care services, within budgetary guidelines, while meeting or exceeding the company standards, The ED is responsible for compliance with federal, state, local and company policies, procedures and regulations. Assisted Living Certification required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Oversee management of the community.
. Will help in the upfront lease up of this new community.
* Will work on a startup budget, as well, as hiring.
*Will obtain upfront licenses for community to open.
*Will work with various contractors as building is completed.
*Will hire and help conduct all new hire training.
· Develops and implements community resident relations programs; solicits feedback from residents, families, and others to maintain and/or improve community hospitality and services.
· Establishes effective relationships with other community department heads to ensure high quality resident care while fostering an inter-departmental cooperation.
· Establish positive rapport with regulatory agencies; keep updated on changes in federal, state, and local regulations.
· Directs community safety and loss prevention program; monitors adherence to safety rules and regulations and takes remedial action when necessary.
· Contacts the resident's family when a change in services is needed. Leads and participates in a resident/family conference to review changes in services. Ensures a high degree of customer satisfaction.
· Plans and develops operating budget within company guidelines. Regularly monitors department performance and regularly analyzes the community P&L status taking corrective action when necessary.
· Maintain a high level of occupancy.
· Provides leadership and direction in the marketing of the community including developing relations with local referral sources.
· Represents the residence to the community, family members, and visitors and develop positive relations with all customer.
· Oversees the recruitment, selection, retention and termination of all community employees.
· Ensures adequate and effective orientation and training of community job-specific duties. Supervises and evaluates all community managers by providing ongoing coaching and timely feedback.
· Establishes positive employee relations programs, recognition programs and practices. Oversees and manages the community compensation, recommending wage increases and adjustments when necessary.
· Ensures that all staff maintains and always protects the confidentiality of resident information.
· Provides an "open door'' to employees and address any concerns and grievances within a timely manner and in accordance to company standards.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required with appropriate work experience.
The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position: Stand and/or walk up to six (6) hours a day and sit up to two (2) hours a day. Occasionally support up to 50 pounds. Occasionally kneel, bend, and reach. Vision abilities include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Equal employment opportunity
All familiar and understands the requirements of the Life Safety Code
Able to communicate effectively with all levels of management, employees, residents, family members, and outside contacts.
Able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, etc. Able to manage revenue and expense budget.
Knowledge of current Federal and State laws pertaining to AL, and MC communities respectively.
Three or more years Senior Living experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
Must possess a passion to work with and around senior citizens.
Sodalis Senior Living communities empower people to live their best lives remaining active and engaged in the things they care about. An innovative approach to wellbeing offers support when it’s needed, tailored to a resident’s specific situation and priorities.