Linden House Assisted Living and Memory Care at Branchlands is a beautiful new facility in Charlottesville, Virginia that opened just 2 years ago. It contains 58 assisted living apartments and a 24-bed Memory Care unit.
This position, which we title as "Wellness Director" will oversee, direct, and manage health care services within the community to ensure optimum quality of care (health and safety) and quality of life for all residents. Linden House uses ALIS (pronounced “Alice”) - Assisted Living Intelligent Solutions. ALIS software solves the important challenges assisted living communities face using fast, secure technology. ALIS helps to manage compliance, take advantage of full eMAR management and drug counting, integrated assessments, family engagement, and more.
Included will be supervision of direct care staff (nursing assistants and RMAs) and:
1. Performs assessments of residents being considered for admission to confirm suitability within the scope of services offered.
2. Obtains and maintains comprehensive knowledge of State regulations governing ALF’s in Virginia.
3. Implements systems and processes to ensure compliance with State ALF regulations regarding the provision of health care services.
4. Ensures timely and accurate completion of Uniform Assessment Instruments (UAIs) and other required assessments in accordance with State regulations and facility policy.
5. Ensures that resident care needs are met with regards to activities of daily living, ambulation, and hygiene and grooming.
6. Ensures that services to prevent clinically avoidable complications are provided, including but not limited to pressure ulcer development or worsening of an ulcer, contracture, loss of continence, dehydration, malnutrition.
7. Provides guidance and oversight to the provision of clinically complex services such as gastric tube feeding.
8. Collaborates with licensed therapy provider(s) to ensure that all restorative care and habilitative service needs of the residents are met.
9. Monitors compliance with the facility’s medication management plan and the maintenance of required medication reference manuals.
10. Monitors infection control measures, identifies areas of non-compliance, and develops/implements action plan for improvement.
11. Ensures that residents with assessed need for mental health services has access to appropriate services and treatment based on the resident’s current evaluation.
12. Makes provisions for appropriate storage of medication in compliance with State regulations and facility policy.
13. Ensures that comprehensive medication review of each resident is conducted every 6 months by a qualified clinician.
14. Coordinates nursing services with other resident care services such as rehabilitation, dining, and activity services as well as external disciplines such as Pharmacy and Laboratory representatives to help ensure that each resident’s specialized care needs are met.
15. Oversees coordination and appropriate utilization of on-site physician clinic space.
16. Makes daily rounds on resident floors or delegates this duty to another licensed nurse.
17. Regularly monitors skill and performance of direct care givers (Nurse Aides) and provides additional or remedial training as needed or makes provisions for such training.
18. In the absence of the Executive Director, serves as the top facility leader and decision-maker.
Job Type: Full-time
3 years of AL experience, preferably in Virginia, or knowledgeable of VA regs
1 year of management / leadership experience
Memory care experience is a big plus!
Internal Number: 123
About Linden House Assisted Living and Memory Care
Living Life to the Fullest at Linden HouseWhen there comes a time in life when more assistance is needed, Linden House Assisted Living at Branchlands offers personalized care in an environment of kindness and respect. We encourage and support independence by providing whatever services residents need 24-hours-a-day so that they can live their lives to the fullest. Extensive on-site amenities—a theater, rehab gym, hair and mani-pedi salons—and in-house entertainment, happy hours, and guest lectures enrich our community’s life.Linden House Assisted Living at Branchlands opened in May 2018 and consists of 48 Assisted Living apartments and a 24-bed memory care unit. Fine and casual dining at the indoor restaurant or covered patio in the private garden is available for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And morning to night, night to morning, dedicated caregivers are on hand to assist with personal needs.
BACK TO TOP
Argentum Senior Living Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else Argentum has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at Argentum Senior Living Career Center.