Pennybyrn has an opening for a Director of Dining Services. This position is integral in leading all facets of dining within three distinct neighborhoods: healthcare, assisted living, and independent living. Pennybyrn features an upscale, full-service Restaurant and Irish pub in the Independent Living community, eight satellite kitchens in the healthcare community, and we’re growing! Within the next two years, there will be a new Rehab kitchen and dining room, as well as additional dining venues and renovations within the Independent Living community. This is a high profile, public relations position. Ideal candidates should meet the requirements below.
SUMMARY: The Director of Dining Services is responsible for assuring the overall quality and efficiency of Dining Services by overseeing the daily operations and services, which includes kitchen production, meal service, safety and sanitation, ordering, preparation, cooking and presentation of all food served to residents, staff, and guests. The Director of Dining Services is responsible for maintaining high standards of quality food production, sanitation, and safety, as well as providing leadership within the mission and values of Pennybyrn.
Why work with Pennybyrn? We are a resident-centered retirement community with a team-driven culture that is truly engaging and unique! Located in High Point, NC, our community consists of three beautiful neighborhoods that fit the individual lifestyles of our residents: Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Healthcare Households, with Transitional Rehab and Memory Support. Candidates who enjoy working with the Senior population and strive to inspire extraordinary living will love becoming a part of our community!
What sets us apart? We strive to create and maintain an outstanding working environment for our team that includes a rich benefit package: * PTO (Paid Time off) eligibility for all employees * Excellent Medical insurance at a low cost * Free Dental insurance * Retirement Plan (401k) eligibility for all employees * Free Fitness Center membership on-campus * Discounted delicious meals, barber/beauty shop, and massage therapist services * Acres of beautiful landscaping and walking trails * Faith-based and mission-drive with a rich and vibrant Irish history since 1947 * A true, team spirit and belief in making a difference together!
* 5+ years as an Executive Chef or Dining Director in a high volume, upscale, full-service restaurant supervising over 20 employees.
* Must be a demonstrated team leader with excellent staff management skills in FOH and BOH operations
* Must have experience operating a multi-venue establishment
* Experience in menu planning, cost and inventory control
* Excellent management and hands-on culinary skills. Service, service, service!
* Financial acumen in keeping within budget with excellent computer skills
* Must be a hands-on trainer, team motivator, and able to build solid relationships
* Must work with other departments in function planning
* Experience in retirement communities helpful, but willing to train the right person
* Must strive to exceed expectations every day and desire to deliver an exceptional dining experience in all levels of retirement living
* Must have a flexible schedule and be energetic with a winning attitude
* CEC certification and degree in culinary preferred
Internal Number: 1
Pennybyrn has been a staple of the triad area for 70+ years. We were founded by the Sisters of the Poor Servants of the Mother of God, who journeyed from England with a mission to care for the poor and frail. The Sisters began Maryfield Nursing Home in 1947, and building on their passion for Senior care, Maryfield grew into a beautiful, full-service retirement community, with a new name... Pennybyrn.
Our community consists of three neighborhoods: Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Healthcare. Our Independent Living apartments, cottages, and community center create a beautiful, tranquil home and afford an abundance of life for active Seniors. Our Assisted Living neighborhood offers apartments and a community center that allows a qualify of life unmatched. Our Healthcare neighborhood became the first household model in North Carolina, and is honored to be considered a mentor for facilities around the Nation wanting to embark on the journey from institutional to household, embracing a Culture of Caring.
We are proud of our rich heritage, dedication to Senior adults, and the reputation we have earned from delivering the Sisters' continuing mission to show God's love in every life we touch.