The Assistant CFO/Director of Business Development is responsible for providing effective financial management and accountability for the financial assets and well-being of the organization. Will develop a complete understanding of organization's business processes, systems, and current operations. Documents critical processes, recommends improvements and develops key strategies to connect business team members to information, data, and tools. Provides leadership expertise and support to Finance and IT as well as to Senior Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Builds/maintains relationships with residents, resident family members, and vendors that are consistent with and reflect La Posada's values and culture.
· Provides management oversight, leadership, and strategic direction in a complex financial operation.
· Develops a deep understanding of the systems used, the historical data, budget process, and reporting to support others and to offer new systems and processes for continuous improvement.
· Knowledgeable of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
· Works with lending organizations, bond counsel, system staff, and consultants to ensure the collection of appropriate and accurate information for current and potential future creditors, bondholders, and rating agencies.
· Knowledgeable of critical business policies, procedures, and roles in order to advise others and to augment and back up key positions.
· Works with the executive and management teams to provide analytical models and analyses to evaluate business opportunities and to identify opportunities for strategic improvement.
· Assures financial system's accountability and compliance with federal, state, and CARF requirements for accounting and financial management.
· Provides oversight to assure appropriate internal controls and adherence to compliance processes for the Finance department. Works with the CFO to maintain current policies and procedures. Trains others as needed.
· Gains expertise on organization's financial systems. Trains staff on policy and compliance issues relating to finance and business systems.
· Works with the CFO and other staff to prepare tax returns, audits, and any required federal, state, or accreditation required correspondence and reporting.
· Gathers and prepares information to support the organization's Investment committee. Participates in the staff investment committee meetings.
· Philosophically competent to dialog nationally on alternative business strategies, policies, processes, and systems with the goal of proposing improvements and supporting business development.
· Able to develop and analyze business and financial models and information from the macro to the micro level. Recognizes and demonstrates mastery of essential tools and data to accomplish this.
· Interprets and develops organizational strategies, goals, policies, and procedures in collaboration with senior management and departmental leaders.
· Assist management in creating, evaluating, and updating key dashboards to measure, monitor, and improve organizational performance
The ideal candidate will have a Master's Degree in Business, Finance Accounting or equivalent field of study and have 8 plus years of experience in accounting, finance, banking, or equivalent area. Has been an analyst, controller, or held a higher level position in finance/accounting. Proficient in the use of a variety of computer software applications, especially Microsoft Office – Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, or equivalent. Experienced in major Accounting systems and modules. Experience in training/use of procedural language(s) a plus, e.g. report writers, able to learn financial and accounting systems, text editors, Windows CMD.
Internal Number: 1
About La Posada at Park Centre, Inc.
Since 1987, La Posada has been a recognized leader in providing senior residential services to Southern Arizona. As a not-for-profit, nationally accredited, continuing care retirement community, our mission is to maximize the well-being of seniors. We value our residents, our community, and our employees who provide their talents to enrich the Posada Life experience.
We strive to attract and hire individuals who proactively manage their health and are willing to participate in the programs we offer.
BACK TO TOP
Argentum Senior Living Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else Argentum has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at Argentum Senior Living Career Center.