Develops and executes a diverse menu of resident lifestyle activities and programs, designed to promote a high level of health, wellbeing, engagement and growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Plans, schedules and conducts engaging programs for educational, spiritual, physical and social enrichment. • Plans varied programs for holidays, special occasions and seasonal events. • Recruits and develops requested resources for services to the residents. Initiates correspondence including public relations communications with outside organizations, service groups and volunteers. • Advises, supports and motivates resident participation in individual and group activities based on interests and opportunities for growth. • Creates multi-page monthly event calendar/newsletter. Submits to Director of Operations for final approval. • Provides ongoing communication with residents and, as necessary, family members. • Provides leadership of wellness program. • Oversees community libraries and gift shop. • Purchases and maintains equipment and supplies in accordance with budgetary guidelines. • Prepares preliminary draft of Lifestyles Operating Budget. • Addresses resident groups, committees, and other groups on subjects of common interest. • Maintains a database and prepares reports on resident assessments, participation and satisfaction. • Meets routinely with Executive Director, Directors of Nursing, Social Services and Lifestyle Assistants to review operational issues, set goals and provide updates on individual resident participation. • Supervises lifestyles team for all levels of living; in coordination with health services administrator. • Participates in community in-service trainings. • Participates on the Continuous Improvement Team. • Provides informational talks as required by the Director of Sales. • Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Directly supervises employees of the Lifestyles Team. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Educational Requirements and Experience:
• Minimum associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; • Three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. • Additional educational requirements for providing services in a Licensed Nursing Home are a bachelor’s degree in Sociology or Recreational Therapy, or an Activity Director Certification. • Obtain a TFER (Texas Food Establishment Rules) food handler certification within 60 days upon hire
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Language Ability: o Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, speaking the primary language of the residents. o Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. o Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Mathematical Skills: o Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
• Cognitive Demands: o Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Computer Skills: o Ability to use Microsoft Windows, including Word and Excel. Ability to use software to design calendars and signs. Ability to use email and the Internet.
• Competencies o Manages people effectively by taking responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Improves processes, products and services. o Provides leadership by exhibiting confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well. o Must demonstrate an interest in working with a senior population. o Interacts with guests, residents and staff in a courteous and friendly manner. o Responds promptly to resident needs.
Internal Number: 1092
About Edgemere Dallas - An SQLC Community
Edgemere is raising expectations about retirement community living. That is why we are looking for employees who have the best qualifications, the most positive attitude and a true sense of service to others. We know that every Edgemere employee is an ambassador from our company to our residents, their families and their community. Above all, our people take inspiration from working with leaders and colleagues who strive to be the best every day.
BACK TO TOP
Argentum Senior Living Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else Argentum has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at Argentum Senior Living Career Center.