Belmont Village Senior Living - Albany
In Affiliation with University of California, Berkeley
Premier Upscale Senior Living Community in Albany, CA is seeking a high energy, self-motivated Memory Program Coordinator to oversee activities at our newest Belmont Village Senior Living community. Belmont Village Albany is the culmination of a collaboration with UC Berkeley Retirement Center and the City of Albany to provide a unique housing experience for older adults in the Bay Area. This community will contain 175 units offering the highest quality Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care all in luxurious, well-appointed surroundings.
Director of Memory Programming
Senior Living - Albany
Brand New Facility Opening Soon - Apply immediately!
At Belmont Village Senior Living our programs are tailored to our seniors' needs and abilities to promote both mind and body enrichment.
Responsible for the daily operations of the community’s Neighborhood and Circle of Friends (COF) programs (programs for residents with dementia or mild cognitive impairment). Supervise the Neighborhood and COF staff, and maintain a high level of satisfaction with the Neighborhood and COF residents and family members.
- Implement the Neighborhood and COF programs to Belmont’s standards, policies, and procedures, such as:
- Daily Caregiver and Enrichment Leader (Activity Assistant) assignments, which includes staff meal breaks
- Monthly activity calendars using the current residents' life stories
- Consistent resident documentation (Approach Charts, Resident Sign In/Out Logs, Wellness Check Logs, etc.)
- Consistency in the residents Typical Day Structure
- Resident activities of daily living (to ensure personal care standards are met)
- Resident meal organization, delivery and service
- Random room inspections to maintain Belmont standards
- Positive and productive work environment
- Supervise the Caregivers and the Enrichment Leader (Activity Assistant), including:
- Hire, train and orient new Caregivers and Enrichment Leader (Activity Assistant) in their role
- Model and coach neighborhood Caregivers and the Enrichment Leader (Activity Assistant) on how to facilitate activities
- Conduct and coordinate dementia orientation and in-service training for all staff in compliance with state regulations and Belmont standards.
- Ensure adequate staffing through staff scheduling
- Evaluate staff performance and provide coaching, as appropriate
- Carry out disciplinary action of employees, as necessary
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for both residents and staff
- Ensure communication and involvement with the residents’ family members through special events, scheduled meetings, and quarterly meetings to promote partnership with family
- Attend shift-change meetings & monthly staff meetings
- Maintain an adequate inventory of activity supplies through using weekly checklists
- Conduct and facilitate activities
- Bachelor's degree – preferred in Psychology, Gerontology, Education or Recreational Therapy
- Minimum of 1 year of hands-on resident activity facilitation experience in a dementia environment
- Minimum of 2 years of managerial experience
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings
- 3+ years of experience in activities with older adults including dementia related programs
- Computer trouble shooting skills, familiarity with entertainment type PC software, office applications, Internet, desktop publishing, and video conferencing
- Ability to work for 3 - 3.75 hours standing, walking or moving without need to sit down
- Ability to lift, push or pull up to 30 lbs., using proper body mechanics and/ or available equipment
Belmont Village Senior Living owns and operates Upscale Senior Living Apartment Communities NATIONWIDE. Our Communities are designed for seniors who need some assistance with daily activities. We provide living space, meals, housekeeping services, recreational/social activities and personal support to our residents.
The only thing more beautiful than the surroundings at Belmont Village Senior Living is the people with which you will work. COME FOR THE ENVIRONMENT, BECOME PART OF THE FAMILY. Our goal is to provide seniors with a way to lead happy, self-directed lives.
We are seeking LOCAL APPLICANTS ONLY. Sorry, no relocation available.
COME BE PART OF AN INNOVATIVE WINNING TEAM!
Belmont Village Senior Living offers Full-time employees excellent benefit programs including medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance and 401(k) with employer matched savings.
To apply click here.
Belmont Village Senior Living - Albany
1100 San Pablo Avenue
Albany, CA 94706
For more information regarding Belmont Village Senior Living,
or for a virtual tour visit www.belmontvillage.com
Belmont Village Senior Living is an EOE/Drug Free work place.
Belmont Village Senior Living is the owner and operator of Belmont Village Albany. UC Berkeley and the Retirement Center are not financially or legally involved in the community and have no responsibility or liability for its operation.