VCU Health System's Internal Medicine - Hospitalist Division is seeking a full time Associate Administrator to provide administrative support and leadership to a single or multiple Divisions under the auspices of an MCVP Administrator and/or Division Chair. Consults, advises and assists practice management in providing leadership and direction by performing a combination of the following: financial reporting/management; budget development/monitoring; grants management/administration; physical plant maintenance/space planning; and human resources management and staff supervision.
Maintains current knowledge of all state and federal laws and regulations and University and Health System policies and procedures. Ensures that all grants and contract awards are implemented and reporting requirements are conducted in accordance with established University and sponsoring agencies requirements. Works closely and in collaboration with different Divisions, physicians, VCU and VCUHS management and administrative personnel.
- Must be able to use financial, Human Resources, University and Health System resources to make independent decisions and determine actions necessary to achieve the goals of the Division(s).
- Directly manages and supervises administrative and clerical employees assigned to the Division(s).
- Must be available as needed to staff on all shifts, locations, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, Business or closely related field
- Minimum of five (5) years of work experience in a healthcare management position with financial and supervisory responsibility
- Experience with Microsoft software, to include spreadsheets and databases
- Master’s Degree in Business or Healthcare Administration or closely related field
- Administrative and/or financial management work experience in an academic medical center and/or large physician group practice
- Previous experience with IDX, CERNER and VCU and VCUHS information systems
At VCU Health System, our most important assets are not bricks and mortar; they are our team members … all 12,000+ of them. Our workforce is diverse, dedicated and talented. Our team members continue to earn local, regional and national awards and accolades, which is an indicator that they are happy and feel supported working here. And our culture of STAR Service focuses on our common purpose – “Our Caring Service Begins With Me.” – in the provision of the highest level of customer service, which encourages diversity and inclusion.
If you have been looking to take your career to the next level, we have been looking for you.
We offer more than 400 work/life benefits including competitive pay, generous benefits, flexible work options, prepaid tuition, on-site child and elder care and much, much more.
For a full position description and to apply visit
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. VCUHS appreciates diversity and encourages women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.