We have two opportunities for Staff Physicians in the Tampa area:
Staff Physician - Melech Hospice House (LifePath Hospice)
Staff Physician (Field) - Temple Terrace Resource Center.
As a compassionate non-profit organization since 1983, Chapters Health System is committed to enhancing the lives of those affected by advancing age or illness. Through our comprehensive system of healthcare choices, we deliver expert care and heartfelt support to guide the community during the aging and end-of-life journey. From hospice and palliative care for adults and children suffering with life-limiting illnesses to in-home and community-based services for frail but independent seniors, Chapters Health offers a wide range of support services along life's ever-changing landscape. We'll help you navigate your individual experience – empowering you with more choices, education and guidance for these important chapters of life.
The Hospice Staff Physician has the responsibility of assisting the Medical Director in the care and treatment of patients served by the company. S/he provides physician direction and guidance to the company's program and staff to assure the maintenance of quality medical care for patients and families.
- Review patient admission prognostic indicators to determine hospice appropriateness at time of admission
- Work cooperatively with the Admissions Department to facilitate timely provision of services to potential company patients, including performing hospice evaluation visits for potential patients
- Serve as a team physician for one or more of the interdisciplinary teams (IDT) as assigned by the Medical Director
- Provide clinical expertise and participate in interdisciplinary team decisions regarding diagnosis and medical management of patient/family needs, assuring that the highest quality of medical care is provided and that continuity and comprehensiveness of care is maintained in a cost-effective manner.
- Consult to patients' primary and attending physicians regarding integration of patients' hospice care and primary or other care
- Validate patient/family plans of care in coordination with a patient's attending physician
- Provide medical coverage for patients without attending physicians.
- Develop program to assume primary or consultative care of patients admitted to the company whose referring physician desires such services
- Care for patients in the company's inpatient facility, as designated by the Medical Director.
- Make home visits to care for patients to meet assigned productivity goals.
- Teach designated in-services to company staff
- Develop and recommend written guidelines for symptom control to company committees
- Supervise and educate fellows, residents, and medical students participating in company programs
- Support or conduct research to improve hospice care
- Contribute to research efforts of the company by actively recruiting research subjects
- Conduct educational seminars, in-services and presentations for physicians, nurses and other health care personnel whose support for and understanding of the hospice program is an integral part of assuring that the company services are made accessible to patients and families
- Assist in developing clinical practice standards for physicians and nurses in the practice of hospice care
- Assist in developing unique roles for non-physician practitioners (ARNP, CNS, PA, etc.) in order to expand medical services in a cost-efficient manner.
- Prepare patient billing information in conjunction with the appropriate billing agency
- Complete timely medical documentation of all patients seen who are cared for by physician
- Assist in improving quality of medical documentation by company staff
- Contribute to Performance Improvement efforts of medical documentation by company staff
- Promote company programs to nursing homes, ALFs, HMO's, hospitals, and other referral sources
- Attend company Medical Staff meetings regularly.
- Participate in relevant company committees*
- Represent company at appropriate local, state, national, and international forums*
- Work cooperatively with the Corporate Compliance Officer as indicated
- Participate in other clinical/administrative responsibilities as directed by the Medical Director*
- Work cooperatively with and reports to the Medical Director to ensure quality care delivery to all company patients
- Maintain a regular schedule of medical participation in all components of the company's care program, and maintain 24 hour, 7 day a week coverage of the company's program
- Provide coverage in the event of absence
- Other duties as assigned by the Medical Director.